Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fields of Aloe

Today Matt and I went to do a little tidying in the garden, and ended up overhauling a bed.

Matt moved all the branches piled up at the last volunteer day and cleared weeds, then planted a big Phormium from the brights bed that had been hidden from sight for quite some time. Then we added the Kniphofia thomsonii I'd been saving, a Coreposis gigantea, a Beschorneria yuccodies and about 8 good sized Aloe veras from the middle back bed.

Result: instant bed makeover, with room for lots of ice plants as ground cover, which we have stashed and ready to plant.

In the meantime I watered all the recent plantings, cut back a Chasmanthe and pruned some branches from various trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammy comments will be deleted! Don't bother posting spam links - we won't approve them.

 
page counter
Free Hit Counter