|Jackie and Amaryllis|
belladonna - perfect match!
I removed the Lupinus, Nate cut down the Brugmansia and distributed cuttings to other volunteers who have gardens that can accommodate them better. I cut back the Watsonias in that bed while Carl cut back the Watsonias in the brights bed.
|Emily and Debbie|
Matt busied himself cutting back the two Salvias at in the dog area that need summer trimming. Salvia gesneriiflora "Tequila" and the unknown pinkish variety next to it got cut by half so they don't get too crazy next year.
After that he rescued several Bromeliads from the base of those plants were they were being overshadowed, and moved them to the front of the brights bed where they can shine.
|Before and after left bed|
We watered a bunch of areas, and I put in two Athanasia pinnata in the left bed, next to the one we already have. It's a nice and unusual plant, but I think a grouping of three together will give a stronger look.